I am originally from Phoenix, Arizona where I learned oil painting while very young. My art creation and education continued until college where I earned a BS in Physics and published superconductor research. After many years performing technical work, I was inspired through meditation to return to art.
These highly stylized colored pencil and ink pieces are inspired by world peace, healing, Buddhism, meditation, shamanism, prophecy, nature, and myth. Some pieces are inspired by Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey involving adventure, revelation, victory, and a transformation in the hero or heroine.
My art ties many ideas together to tell stories and inspire recognition of one’s own healing abilities or hero’s journey.
I love using inspiration and my own experiences to create something unique. I hope my art will bring forth your own memories of beauty, joy, and happiness and all the times you have overcome and succeeded.
The Gallery in Williams
145 Historic Route 66
Williams, Arizona, USA
The Village Gallery of Local Artists
Village of Oak Creek, Arizona, USA
Highway 179 at the Cortez roundabout
Yesterday Fine Art
509 Main Street
Jerome, Arizona, USA
This is the question everyone asks me. Everyone asks me how I come up with my designs.
Register for "Create Art with Therese" and learn how.
Create Art with Therese
"Create Art with Therese" membership is a fun way for you to be involved in creating art. No experience is needed. Get an insider view of me in my studio in action.
Date / Time
Every Thursday at 6 - 8 pm
Starting June 21, 2018 and running until the art is finished.
Expect 6 - 8 weeks. The art will be 20 x 30 inches in size.
How does membership work?
Memberships have a begin date and run for approximately 6 - 12 weeks. During that time, members will be able to watch me create art. I will explain why I am doing what I am doing. You get to ask questions. I will teach you how I create my drawings. You can participate as much as you please.
Create Art with Therese membership Benefits
1. You get to ask me questions while I create a new piece of art.
2. You need no experience. I do all the work. You can also follow along and create your own art at home.
3. You receive one limited edition print of the art created.
4. You learn how I design, draw, and create a piece of "Landscapes of the Inner Soul" art.
5. After the art is completed, members receive a certificate of completion. Use your certificate as part of professional development on your website or cv/resume.
6. Members have the option to buy the original art from their membership at a discounted price. First come, first served.
7. You get access to the private Facebook page where you can post comments, questions, and photos related to this event. You may also share your art events.
I will retain ownership and all rights to the art I create during these sessions.
You can also follow along and create your own art at home.
Weekly video/online meetings will be on Thursday evenings (Phoenix, Arizona time). The weekly meetings will NOT be pre-recorded. All meetings will be live and you will NOT be muted. That will make it possible to work on the art and hear your questions and comments. PLEASE respect other people and maintain silence when not actively participating.
Keep in mind that Arizona does not participate in day-light savings time changes.
Follow-up information, photos, and comments will be posted on the membership page. You will see the work in progress and be able to provide feed-back and comments.
If you want the certificate and cannot attend every Thursday, just go to the Facebook private member page each week and share ideas and comments about the art in progress. This is a good place to ask questions and see updates between Thursday video sessions.
When the art is completed, you will be sent a signed, numbered, limited edition print. The original art will also be available for purchase at a discounted price.
What To Do
1. Register now.
2. After you are registered, I will send you a link to the Facebook member page. Be sure to like the "@ArtByTheresEB" page and use the link to request membership on the Facebook page. Each week, you will receive a link for the live session.
You will NOT be muted during the live video sessions. Please be in a very quiet environment. This will make it possible for me to hear you ask questions and make comments.
The only bad question is the one not asked.
How did you do that?
Meditating Buddhas - Sold
16w x 20h inches
Colored pencil and Ink on drawing paper
2 months to make
23w x 30h inches
Colored pencil and Ink on rough cotton watercolor paper.
The white background is white colored pencil.
3 months to make